[BaadAssGremlins] Re: What Traction Bars are YOU using??

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: What Traction Bars are YOU using??

Hey Simms,

Hadn't heard of that one, the Cebby II, we talking like a '64-'66?
Have any pictures?

Thats exactly what I saw when sizing up a universal set, it would be
a real hack job.  And although my car is far from perfect, I thought
I should be at least neat when it comes to traction.

  I'm going to chat with a welding buddy this weekend, he makes all
sorts of stuff, roll bars, roll cages, push bars.  He's a Jeep guy
and does good work.  I'm betting he can fab me a suitable set of
traction bars and his prices are good.  His quote for a front push
bar with provisions for driving lights...a case of beer and an
afternoon!!

> I got traction bars for a Chebby II...relocated the snubber an inch
> back to hit right in the middle of the spring eye and trimmed the
> inch off the end of the bar...I used CE 2deg plates to lower the
> front of the bar...I ran it that way last year...this year I'm
going
> to put 2 washers under each snubber to get them closer to the
spring
> eyes...makes for nice lil adjustments...
>
> on the cheapies...I have a set...I just notched them to fit the
> spring plates...I never did use them cause when I did it my exhaust
> was in the way (side exit infront of the rear wheels)...personally
> say do it right the first time...those bars look like they could
> slide on the sping and the snubbers are kinda soft and short...you
> would prolly have to make spacers for the bar to get them
positioned
> right...and to move them front to rear would be a pain cause of the
> notch cut in them...and that notch isn't the easiest thing to get
> right...I know the ones I did have a stagger to them...was a pain
> get them the same...and I can't even give those bars away
> today...LoL...

'Thanks & Giving.'