[BaadAssGremlins] Re: One Part, Two Part, No Part, New Part

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: One Part, Two Part, No Part, New Part

Lots of questions here, Doc! I don't mind that a bit! I have a small
5 gallon air compressor that I use for sandblasting. I use it with a
siphon type bucket of sand attached to a ceramic lined blasting gun.
The sand is purchased from a local foundry which sells all grades of
blasting sand. I buy the fine grit in 50 lb. bags for around $5 each.

I am trying to order a power booster with the single diaphram, but
will have to look at what the factory sent to me when it gets here.
It will be a Cardone reman. one for a 72 - 74 Gremlin. The book did
not get any more specific (except that it was for disc brakes).

I have not gotten new brake hoses yet, but plan to purchase them.
John & I will be making and bending our own brake lines since he has
the equipment and skill to do it.

Thanks for the advice on brake adjustment. I will need to remember
that when ready to test them. ~Lu~

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> What did you use for a sand blaster? I know sand blasting can be a
> tedious chore. Which power booster did you order? the single or
double
> diaphragm one? A word to the wise. When you get all the brakes
together
> and the brake pedal is low after bleeding and adjusting everything,
> there is an adjustment on the rod that comes out of the booster and
> sticks into the master. You may have to lengthen it. I have had
them be
> to long causing the brake to lock up or to short causing a low
pedal.
> Also setting them to factory spec's is not written in stone, I
found
> that out the hard way. I use the trial and error method. Also did
you
> get new brake hoses.
> "Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.