[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Blasting Blasted Parts (a continuing conversation)

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Blasting Blasted Parts (a continuing conversation)

The backing plates seemed to do okay for me, Davis. I have a small
blaster and am using fine grit blasting sand, and it doesn't appear
to cause any surface damage or warping. I got these plates off
an '80 Concord which seemed to have better material used than the
70's Javelins in the junkyard. Why do all the Javelins have such
bunged up backing plates? Every one I saw had damaged plates. I
mean, to the point of being unsalvageable! ~Lu~

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-
davis@xxxx> wrote:
> Lu,
>  SOunds like your getting alot done.
>  Word of advice on blasting. DO NOT blast your backing plates! The
metal is too thin and it will warp and get lumpy. Sand them and
clean them with solvent then paint them with SEM Rust- Shield.
>  I am headin to the garage to do some more blasting in a few min.
I am doing the crossmember now.
>  Davis

'Thanks & Giving.'