Re: [BaadAssGremlins] One Part, Two Part, No Part, New Part

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] One Part, Two Part, No Part, New Part

What did you use for a sand blaster? I know sand blasting can be a
tedious chore. Which power booster did you order? the single or double
diaphragm one? A word to the wise. When you get all the brakes together
and the brake pedal is low after bleeding and adjusting everything,
there is an adjustment on the rod that comes out of the booster and
sticks into the master. You may have to lengthen it. I have had them be
to long causing the brake to lock up or to short causing a low pedal.
Also setting them to factory spec's is not written in stone, I found
that out the hard way. I use the trial and error method. Also did you
get new brake hoses.
"Doc"

'Thanks & Giving.'

--- Begin Message ---
{My apologies to the late Dr. Seuss}

I was able to sandblast 8 parts today for the Gremlin. All the parts
for the disc brake set up are now done, except for the backing
plates (got dark on me). O'Reillys turned the rotors for $10 and
they look great. Bought new calipers and pads. O'Reillys got in a
power booster for me today but it was the wrong part, so I told the
guy to give me the book and I found the correct part listing myself.
They will have to factory order the new booster and master cylinder
on Monday. It should be here by Friday. Thank God for the nice
weather here today and that I was able to get something
accomplished. I know that talking about sandblasting parts is not
exciting, but it helped me relieve some stress! And it is a task
that has to be done sooner or later. I plan on painting all
the "new" parts tomorrow (weather permitting). Have a good Sat. nite
all! ~Lu~

--- End Message ---