Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: The Cure For Cabin Fever

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: The Cure For Cabin Fever

I haven't discussed making the decals for the centers yet with my
friend. They might have to be made in separate colored pieces and then
put together in layers on the wheel to make a complete emblem.
"Doc"

'Thanks & Giving.'

--- Begin Message --- That would be cool. Just this morning in my waking
moments I was thinking of how I could put an amc logo
or somthing in the center of the Weld wheel caps
Davis
--- AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Davis I was kind of leaning towards using the orange
> myself to detail
> the wheels. They have a decorative knock off type
> center with a 2"--3"
> round center that must have had the name of the
> manufacture in it at one
> time. I was going to see about having a friend who
> makes truck lettering
> decals make me a black center with a Red/White/Blue
> AMC emblem in it for
> them.
> "Doc"

> --------------------~-->
> Give the gift of life to a sick child.
> Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
> 'Thanks & Giving.'

> ATTACHMENT part 2 message/rfc822
> To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 18:08:23 -0800 (PST)
> Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: The Cure For
> Cabin Fever

---------------------------------
DOc,
Go with the orange with black center caps.
Davis
--- AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Is that a metallic blue Scott? I haven't seen any of
> that cob webbing or
> lace done in 20-25 years. I used to do that myself
> along with flames. I
> am thinking of detailing the turbine style wheels on
> the orange car this
> spring. I can't make up my mind as what color to
> paint the area between
> the spokes, that charcoal gay/black or the orange
> color the car is
> painted. I bought a quart of the orange for touch up
> so I might use
> that.
> "Doc"

> --------------------~-->
> Help save the life of a child.  Support St. Jude
> Children's Research Hospital's
> 'Thanks & Giving.'

> ATTACHMENT part 2 message/rfc822
> To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: "blue77gremlin" <blue77gremlin@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 04:48:46 -0000
> Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: The Cure For Cabin
> Fever

---------------------------------

-Well Doc I was thinking about leaving it the stock
blue color. I
wanted to put X stripes on it. I want the stripes
custom painted
though. I would like to do an old custom paint trick
on the stripes-
i believe they call it cob webbing. I might do the
lace treatment on
the stripes instead.
  Those old american 5 spokes are my favorite wheels.
I bought some
real nice 14x6 American coke bottles (daiseys or
sp200) last summer.
If I could find some 14x8 or 15x8 (a pair of) I would
put them on.
Those bright colored Hornets would look real good with
a set of 5
spokes ont it.
                         SCOTT

-- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> I know this may sound like a stupid question Scott
but what color
are
> you going to paint it? I am a fan of them Crager
style wheels. I
have
> Superiors on my yellow car. They are 28 years old
and need to be
> replaced. I was thinking of going to a Torque Thrust
5 spoke wheel
> for that old style retro look.
> "Doc"

--- End Message ---