Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Good day at local MD show...scored a Gremlin emble

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Good day at local MD show...scored a Gremlin emblem, 3 X's...

Jerry,
 Sorry I missed the show. I decided that I wouldn't have time. I went to MD off rt 97 to pick up 2 engines a 70 390 and a 401. While on rt 97 I saw a nice Purple 74 AMX with MD tags and gave them the thumbs up as I passed.  I left my house at 6:30 am and got back home at almost 8 pm. So no time for the show. Hopfully next year I will be able to bring my gremlin down.
 How bout sellin me one of them X's you got? Nice score on the stuff you got.
 Davis

Jerry Casper <gremlingts@xxxx> wrote:
While it was our club-sponsored annual show, I did
get some time to walk around and check out the few
vendors who showed up this time ( three in all ), but
one was wonderful, he had mostly NOS parts, mostly old
Rambler and Marlin, but some '70's stuff. I found a
near-perfect Gremlin guy, used, but looked super-nice,
for $10. Also 3 stick-on X emblems for $5 each, and I
blew the biggest wad of cash on a NOS American Motors
1-inch square emblem for my '70 Javelin, above the
rear deck. $40. OUCH. But it was nice!
The other two had some decent stuff, but nothing
that grabbed my fancy. ONe had Nash stuff from the
'50's, nothing there to interest me.
Show was pretty good, had some nice cars show up,
like a '65 Rambler American convertible, all white
with black top, red engine. Guy bought it thru Ebay,
it was really his wife's car. She won 2 awards with
it, including President's Award trophy. It was VERY
nice.
Another nice, clean car was Earl's '58 Rambler,
black with red accents, 4-door. S-W-E-E-T was the only
way to describe it. It tied with the '65 Rambler
convertible for 1st place in the Rambler class.
Other nice cars were some early Javelins, a '50's
Rambler 2-door sedan, blue, a '66 American 4-door,
also blue. Had TWO mid-'60's Rambler full-size wagons
there, one had Whoptie on the license plate, he was at
Carlisle ( selling early Rambler stuff ). Not nice,
but it was a definite hauler!
One Hornet hatchback, and NO Gremlins , again ( Man,
I GOTTA get one fixed and running for next year! )
Pacers were also absent, I guess just no interest from
local Pacer guys.
That's about it, we had an ok turn-out, and a fine,
somewhat overcast day that kept the heat down. I still
got some sun, though, as it came and went. Sadly,
gotta work Sunday to make up for my day of fun, but
gotta finance the AMc parts somehow! That's my report
on the Potomac Ramblers show in Upper Marlboro, MD.
Til next time,

Jerry

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

or selling a car. FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used