Re: Hornet AMX numbers

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxx> wrote:
> The 4 colors mentioned were regular 77 production colors, but those
> particular colors were only available on the Hornet AMXs. You could get
> those colors on Gremlin, and several of those colors were available on Pacer
> and Matador Series also. The Targa band was used also on 78 AMX, and
> continued on into 1980 on Concord hatchbacks, which are extremely rare to
> see, even at national meets, have only seen two of them in over 20 years of
> meets, it's like spotting a yeti or sasquatch, or down here in these parts a
> chupacabra!
> Eddie Stakes
> www.planethoustonamx.com
> *Note volume of email is
> extremely heavy, expect
> 5-12 day responses

My AMC friend had one of those elusive sasquatch Concord Hatchbacks with the Targa Band on the roof before I knew him. I saw the car a couple of times before he parted it out. To tell you the truth I was not a fan of the body changes thhat AMC did to the Hornet to make it into a Concord and that Targa bar on the 77 Hornet AMX and the Concords looked out of place.
"Doc"