RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: One more rant on SpeedTV's Muscle Car challeng

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: One more rant on SpeedTV's Muscle Car challenge

-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie Stakes [mailto:eddiestakes@xxxx]

John, from my own experience, which includes several stints in different
'musclecar nationals' thru the years, there are a lot of people unwilling to
put their car on the track, like hemi Superbird or Cuda owners.

Furthermore I want to add this final thought. In two different
'musclecar shootouts' in 2000/2001, there were no AMCs.

Well, actually, a proper clone can do the fighting,
too. If you fake an AMX 390 Go-pak car on a 290
original, using every correct factory piece to
accomplish it, it's a reasonable stand-in at a
shootout. The VIN isn't going to alter the cars'
performances. And we know there are LOTS of Cuda
and Mach 1 clones out there.

A Superbird would be a silly contender in a shoot-
out as it's intentionally an oval-track car. That
nose and wing will alter its performance next to
the non-aero cars in the shoot-out.

Still, the idea of 'The Pony Car Stakes' (YOU must
like THAT name!) where 'the horses are driven, not
ridden' would be a great show to see. How about timed
laps at Lime Rock!? Arrange it to coincide with those
guys that race Vintage Trans Am cars. It would be a
great addition to their event to see the street-
versions of their cars going against each other.

As for the no-show AMCs, in a given square mile,
there's simply far less of ours than theirs. It will
always be easier to gather Chevys together than
Ramblers.

Hmm..think we could get performance compacts together?
Hornet SC/360 versus
Nova SS 350
Dart GT 340
Ford...???..did they have a compact with a 351?

John