Re: CAMO SHOW

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Davis" <martin-davis@xxxx> wrote:
> Well CAMO once again put on a stellar show. The rain held off from 8
> am till 2pm. I went to the cruse friday night and rode in a members
> 74 AMX with a fresh 401 3spd and a V-gate. sweet! While we were havin
> dinner I said I wasn't gonna bring the gremmie to the show cause of
> the rain and it wasn't ready yet. Matt (the guy with the 74) said I
> was bringing it if he had to go get it himself! So we went to my
> house and finished the car, put on the hood n grill. Then we went to
> Bill's and I got the trailer.
> Sat morning I got the car 1/2 way on the trailer and it started to
> pour! I got soaked! SO I went in and changed and off to the show.
> When I got there a guy ran up and asked if the car was for sale or
> for show. I said show and he looked dissapointed. It stopped raining
> and I got the car on the field. Lotta sweet cars there. The only
> other Grem was a nice 78 grem X 6cyl. There was a 74 hatchback, 73
> 2dr coup, and a 71 2 dr coup hornet. All in sweet shape.
> I got lots of compliments on the Gremmie.
> When it was time for me to leave, I fired her up and as I was
> driving out a guy videotaped me, and as I was moving along EVERYONE
> stopped there conversations and watched me leave the field. It was
> the coolest feeling. Even after I got it back on the trailer people
> told me it was cool and sounded mean.
> I also got some cools deals like a 68 amx hood for 40 bucks and a
> performer intake for 40 bucks and a near NOS 68 AMX hood for 275.
> Missed you guys while I was there. I posted 2 new pics of my car at
> the show.
> Davis

You have made me jealous, this was the first time since 2000 that me and my son have missed the Ct. show. I am glad you had a good time. Weather always seems to be a minor problem there. Last year friday afternoon there was a severe thunder storm after we got there and a bolt of lightening knocked out a transformer right down the street from the Hawthorn Inn and the power was out till 9am. This was only a week or so after the big blackout.
"Doc"