From: "amc74hornet" <AMC74HORNET@xxxx>
Date: 2004/08/09 Mon AM 11:34:07 EDT
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: New To Site

No you haven't Doc,what ya wrote was well said,my reply to our newbie was simaler to what you wrote sure she can drop a 350 in her gremlin but what you said is pretty much right on the money and maybe we can sway her into useing a AMC motor we certainly swayed Lu :)
Bart

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, rozs86@xxxx wrote:
> My husband did want to prostreet it but it's gonna take too long. We can
> stuff a good set of meats underneath. We went to a local car show yesterday and
> low and behold, Novas, Chevelles, the ugly Corvettes. I'm dying to get mine
> done. It's going into the garage this weekend (I hope). What does anyone think
> about puttin a Chevy 350 in it ? We can't find an original AMC motor anywhere
>  around here anyways. I'll be talkin to ya all. I love the site. Roz in  PA.

It's your car but I thought you wanted somthing different?. Most the street rods have a 350//350 combo's in Pfprds, Dodges and almost all off the orphans and are cookie cutter cars. From personal observations Chevy engines are not usually welcomed by most the Chevy people in an AMC and the same goes for most of the AMC people. AMC engines are really that not hard to find, they were used in all sorts of Jeeps. You have stepped into the world of AMC where you can't just open up a catalog and order anything you need from Year One and the likes or go to the local junk yard and pick out an engine. You took on a hard job doing an AMC. Chaseing the parts is half the fun. Putting a Chevy in it is as some people say the easy way out. Maybe you should have kept the Monte and bolted in a BB 572 crate motor, it would have been easier and cheaper. Building an AMC is not easy but the reward of haveing a dare to be different car is more than worth it. You'll get more on the WOW if the Greml in has an AMC motor in it. I know Bart I been bad and will shut up now. Sorry if I offended anyone.
"Doc"

--- End Message ---