Re: Door handle

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "justjeff53" <justjeff53@xxxx> wrote:
> As far as confusing AMCs for other makes. I wish I had a dollar for
> each time some one asked me if the 4-wheel drive still worked in my
> Concord. ... Well, at least they got the Make right. Not as bad as
> confusing a Javelin for a Nova
> Jeff
> PS thanks again Rick.
>
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "amc74hornet"
> <AMC74HORNET@xxxx> wrote:
> > --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> > > Jeff
> > >
> > > I'm glad I was able to help. Sorry the handle wasn'y perfect but
> at least it
> > > wasn't broken. I know what you mean about finding parts. A while
> back, I
> > > called a salvage yard looking for parts. When the woman answered
> the phone, I asked
> > > if they had any AMC's. She then asked me who made
> them..........she must have
> > > been a blonde.
> > >
> > > That truck may have a 360, but I'm not certain if they ever had
> 401's. One of
> > > my coworkes has one with a 360. He bought the truck for $1500 and
> later had
> > > it painted. It is a sharp looking truck. If it wasn't a four-
> wheel drive, I
> > > would have bought it.
> > >
> > > Have a good weekend
> > >
> > > Rick
> >
> > As of 2 years ago those door handles were still available from za
> Mopar dealers for 30$ I believe. I had a converation with a guy and
> he said the same thing, who made AMC. I said AMC, he said Pford? I
> said AMC, he said Chevy, I said AMC, he said Chrysler, I couldn't
> take it anymore and just walked away.
> > "Doc"

I have had my Yellow Hornet refered to as a Nova, a Duster, a Pinto and a Vega. I was stopped at the storage place down the street where I store my extra AMC parts to pay my bill and saw one of those ugly Pontiac somthing Mini Vans driven by a woman. I just couldn't help myself and said "God could they make them things any ugly'r". She said you should talk you are driveing a Vega. I said if it was a Vega it would have turned to rust in 5 years and not be here 30 years later, where will that ugly thing be in 5 years? Since you don't know anything about cars that must be the reason you bought that thing. Now for some reason the orange car is recognized as a Hornet and has never been called anything else. I even heard someone yell "Holy sh-t a 74 Hornet" as I was on my way to my friends garage to give him a hand with his AMX a few weeks ago.
"Doc"