Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Got The Yellow Car Back Today

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Got The Yellow Car Back Today

The parts for both cars has given me some problems but everything seems
to be coming along. It's the orange car that needs the most work due to
the 4 years of neglect by the previous owner, I have kept up the repairs
and maintenance on the yellow one over the last 30 years. The orange car
has all the new front end parts and I should have it back by mid week.
That front end was getting scarey with all the clunks an other noises it
made. I only drove it locally and not on the highway. I have located all
the brake parts for it except for the rear brake hose and there seems
to be 2 different length front brake hoses used. I have to wait till
monday to measure it when it is on the lift and the wheels are off of
it. I may take the yellow one to the new cruise 5 min. from my house
sunday afternoon or the other one monday night. The weather being the
deciding factor. The judge still hasn't signed the papers so I will
probably have to take some more money out of the bank next week to pay
for the brake parts and labor for the following week. Once I get all
this mechanical work out of the way I can get back to the dash and
interior. Rick you sure did a fine job on that gas tank and a good idea
on having it coated with that bed liner material. With the tank in and
the exhaust finished shortly you should be ready for a test drive soon.
: )
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---
Doc

Glad to hear the good news on the Hornets. How big of a grin is on your face
when you're out driving around in those fine rides? I bet you're anxious for
everything to be finished, including the dash swap. But then........are they
ever really finished?

I'm finally finished with the fuel tank. I took it to Z Tech on Monday and
paid to have the outside coated with material used on spray-in bed liners. Since
it's suppose to rain all weekend I won't be trying to prep the trim on the
house for paint. Maybe I can get the fuel tank mounted under the Gremlin and run
the fuel line.

I had ordered a couple of "Turbo Tube" mufflers from Mid-America and they
were delivered today. They will fit the inside diameter of the Thrush side
exhaust. They are thirty inches long and have 2.5 inch inlet and outlets. The
muffler itself is only 3 inches in diameter with a 2 inch flow through. From the
looks of the design, they will have a good throaty sound. I'll visit a local
muffler shop in the morning to have them bend and shape all the other pieces I
need.

Hope you have some good cruising this weekend, Doc.

Rick

-------------------------------1088206361

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=US-ASCII http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=US-ASCII">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">

<DIV>Doc</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Glad to hear the good news on the Hornets. How big of a grin is on your face when you're out&nbsp;driving around in those fine rides?&nbsp;I bet&nbsp;you're&nbsp;anxious for everything to be finished, including the dash swap. But then........are they ever&nbsp;really finished?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm finally finished with the fuel tank. I took it to Z Tech on Monday and paid to have the outside coated with material used on spray-in bed liners. Since it's suppose to rain all weekend I won't be&nbsp;trying to prep the trim on the house for paint. Maybe I can get the fuel tank mounted under the Gremlin&nbsp;and run the fuel line.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I had&nbsp;ordered a couple of "Turbo Tube"&nbsp;mufflers from Mid-America and they were delivered today. They will fit the inside diameter of the Thrush side exhaust. They are thirty inches long and&nbsp;have&nbsp;2.5 inch inlet and outlets.&nbsp;The muffler itself is only 3 inches in diameter with a 2 inch flow through. From the looks of the design, they will have a good&nbsp;throaty sound. I'll&nbsp;visit a local muffler shop in the morning to have them bend and shape all the other pieces I need.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Hope you have some good&nbsp;cruising this weekend, Doc.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Rick</DIV>

</BODY></HTML>

--- End Message ---