Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin V8 rear end dimensions? I NEED ONE!!

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin V8 rear end dimensions? I NEED ONE!!

Joe <jgray_55@xxxx> wrote:

HI All, Can someone please give me the correct
dimensions of a V8 Gremlin rear axle assy. I need axle
flange to flange(where wheels bolt to axle), and
spring perch center to center.Also... do any of Mopar
8 3/4" or Ford 9" axles have close to the same
measurements? I NEED an V8 rearend to put in my 72
Gremlin. I've decided to convert it to either a 360 or
401...depending on finances...ya know!! I just spent
a bunch on a healthy 401 for my wife's 74 AMX. Anyone
with a V8 rearend to sell,or know of one .. please
contact me. Thanks for any help given, Joe

Joe,

 I don't know the outer flange dimensions but the rear is 52" backing plate to backing plate. 43" center to center on the spring perches.

 Doc is correct the Versalles 9" rear with the disks is a bolt in but if you are lucky to find one they run above 600 bucks. Any ford 9" out of a 65 to 70 mustang is a direct bolt in. 71 to 73 also but it is about 3 inches wider.

 The 8 3/4 rear from a dodge A body fits Dart, demon, etc.

 I just put a 9" out of a 70 stang in my 72 grem. I may be selling it in a couple of months, a good deal on a Versalles rear may be comming my way.

 Davis

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

or selling a car. FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used