Re: Gremlin V8 rear end dimensions? I NEED ONE!!

Re: Gremlin V8 rear end dimensions? I NEED ONE!!

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-
davis@xxxx> wrote:

> Joe <jgray_55@xxxx> wrote:
> HI All, Can someone please give me the correct
> dimensions of a V8 Gremlin rear axle assy. I need axle
> flange to flange(where wheels bolt to axle), and
> spring perch center to center.Also... do any of Mopar
> 8 3/4" or Ford 9" axles have close to the same
> measurements? I NEED an V8 rearend to put in my 72
> Gremlin. I've decided to convert it to either a 360 or
> 401...depending on finances...ya know!! I just spent
> a bunch on a healthy 401 for my wife's 74 AMX. Anyone
> with a V8 rearend to sell,or know of one .. please
> contact me. Thanks for any help given, Joe

Joe,
i have a 71 gremlin with a 360 in it. you probly wont belive this
but a 1969 cornet or B body 8 3/4 fits without spring pad mods. The
only thing i had to do was make new brake line on the rear end
because amc comes down the pass side and chysler comes down the
drivers side. I have never seen a A body 8 3/4 so i dont know if
they will work but i know B bodys do. I took it out of the cornet
myself so i defently know what it came from. Wish you luck