83 Concord problems: A little rust and rear wheel cylinders

83 Concord problems: A little rust and rear wheel cylinders

Houdy folks.
I was going over the Concord and found some serious rust
beneath the vinyl roof under the "opera" windows. I knew it was a
problem but had no idea it was rusted this bad. The rest on the body
is in nice shape. I know a fellow that restores old cars.(you should
see his 55 T bird) He told me I should get rid of the vinyl top. I
kinda hate to do this but... Did the Vinyl top come standard on the
Concord DL?
Also. I would like to replace the rear wheel cylinders.
The guy at the parts store in Loudonville wanted $50 each for them.
He told me parts for <oddball> cars were expensive. Cheapest ones I
could find were around $35 at Advance auto parts. Anyone know where I
can
find these parts for less money? If it had been a station wagon, I
could get em for $10. I don't want to sound cheap. But I just
financed a House. The garage alone was worth it. (A new home for
unwanted AMCs) And money is gonna be tight for the next few
months. It's a great running car and I plan on keeping it for a long
time. By The Way. Anyone know the production figures for the 78 to 83
Concords? All my best

Jeff. Perrysville, Ohio