crusher laws (was: Bart is this near you in FL?)

crusher laws (was: Bart is this near you in FL?)

Doc sez:
Space like I said is a major problem with most people and nose'y neighbors
that concider old cars junk is also a problem. One of the main reason I
bought the new Hornet was it was a running driver and I could register it
and drive it while I worked on it. Also I wanted to use it to replace the
old 77 Malibu driver that was rusting out around me, and I could not see a
nice 30 year old survivor being cut up as a race car with a brand "X" engine
and go to the crusher, as would probably happen to his nice car. That Rebel
would make a nice cruiser especially with two AMO parts cars for the right
person. Like I said I hope it finds a good home. We got 2 Hornet's and 2
Javelins here besides the Malibu and the Slowpar here.
"Doc"

Space is problem for most people, something I didn't mention is some anal
laws on the books prohibit a non running car in a driveway or yard and some,
even in your own closed garage! So if you live in one of those areas, buying
three cars at once is not a option unless you have a place to put them once
you get them, and in some cases, you might have to pay storage which is
$30-$100 per car per month, so it can add up quickly. Some of you recall me
writing about the City of Corpus Christi threatening to haul off, and crush,
and bill my 78 year old dad for his two AMCs, both ran, but neither were
licensed, that 74 Hornet Sportabout wagon and also the 79 Concord DL. I
simply hauled both to Houston, and recently sold the Concord for $300 and
just placed a ad for the Hornet (gee, this things cranks right up, runs and
drives, I thought the brakes were shot, they will put you thru the
windshield, are non power discs!) but just placed a ad in Kenny's Klunkers
for $500 for it.

however, the City of CC did haul off and crush, years ago what many said
weas the first 72 Javelin built A2C797P100060, body number 8, (was sent to
Geiman's of Monroe, MI, which was the oldest AMC dealership around in 1972;
ultra loaded car with 360 4barrel, AT. AC, tilt, tint, Go Pack, Rally Pack,
Twin Grip, AM/FM, tint, cowl induction hood(!) and more. That was hauled of,
as was a 79 AMX, 304, 75 Gremlin, factory black, 304, AT, and a 68 Javelin,
all exist only as photos on my website now. So some municipalities are more
aggresssive than others about pursuing those criminals like my father who
had several old cars out of view behind a 6 foot wooden fence. Sadly, you
could sit on the corner of that neighborhood and homeless would panhandle
(and steal shit) and crackheads on bicycles would stop by to see if anyone
wanted any rock! And so it goes.
Eddie Stakes