Re: Toy Cars - Value Question - Thanks!

Thank you to all who responded to my post, I learned alot. I was
considering a beautifully restored Open Fire Hotwheels Gremlin on
the 'bay, but decided to go with an original, VG+ condition
unrestored for a bit more moolah. And I found out that the original
was worth it to me. Dunno, just a preference I guess!
I am unfamiliar with the value of models & car toys, but I do know
that in other collectibles, altered originals devalue the item. Guess
cars are a bit different, as long as you are not deceived by a
restored toy being sold as 'original'. Hey, guess our Big Car hobby
is kinda the same, huh? LOL -Lu-
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hey Jerry and all you other toy car collectors - I have a question
> about the value of toy cars. If you restore an old toy car, like
say, a hotwheels, does it affect the value of the piece? Is the toy
car more valuable 'as is'? Does the toy lose its value once altered
by restoration? Just wonderin' -Lu-