Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Toy Cars - Value Question

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Toy Cars - Value Question

Hi Lu, yes and no. Few people can restore a toy to originality due to many
of the paints used like lead based metallics, or wheels that might be hard
to find, or interior parts and so on. Depends on the toy however. The toys
that are MIB (mint in box) will always command more. Now there have been
some neat 'altered' toys also like this little Hot wheels 69 custom aMX. A
original Ed Shaver one will set you back $4000+, while a original good
shape, out of package Hot Wheels Custom 69 AMX will usually set you back
$100-$300, depding on color and condition. This fellow customized this one
with the graphics and got something like $125 for it, not bad. There is some
fellow on ebay who paints flames on his Hot wheels, Matchbox and Johnny
lightnings, very professional flame job, and his hit about $15-$25 each, nto
bad for something that mgith be ont eh shelf currently for only $2.99, but
it is his work, and one day, 10-20 years from now, those he professionally
customized will be worth a lot more than $20-$25 or so. Some people like to
drill the diecasts and oput key chains on them, and then sell them for
$10-$25 each on ebay, some sell, some don't, they look goofy and I guarantee
you no matter how well they put them together, the last thing you want is a
diecast swinging off your column, scraping up paint. I don't know anyone who
has bothered with them, if someone here has bought one, let us know how well
they hold up. But 'originality' even if some scratches, usually is more
desirable thant something that has been altered, unless done professionally.
I have tried to 'restore' all sorts of miniatures, but need to pay off the
coffee! Good luck
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com
*Note volume of email is