Re: 72 Gremlin gas tank filler pipe

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Joe <jgray_55@xxxx> wrote:
> I need a real good clean filler pipe for my 72 Gremlin
> gas tank. Went to fill it up with Amocco PREMIUM(first
> tankful in the new car)...the filler tube is VERY VERY
> rusty inside? Also inside of gas cap is corroded
> also.What the heck caused that...condensation...from
> not being vented properly? Now i'm worried that my
> tank may be the same? Gauge is "NOT "accurate. Thanks
> for any help. Joe

> http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/

Even with a properly vented gas tank you will get condensation, especially in the winter. That's why they say to try to keep the tank full to prevent this. Also 30+ years of crud and corrosion may be the reason you gas gauge dosent work. The sender is probabaly bad. I have that problem with the new Hornet, but have a NOS sender that I have to install.
"Doc"