Re: Gremlin shock interchange??

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Joe <jgray_55@xxxx> wrote:
> Ok , it's 12:15am. Going to the parts stote in the
> morning(gee a AMC WHAT????). I've looked and cannot
> locate my shock absorber chart. What other
> manufactures cars shocks will interchange with a 1972
> Gremlin? I need front shocks, air shocks for the rear.
> It sits just fine...but has fat rear tires..barely rub
> when hit a dip or bump. Thanks...heading to parts
> store in the morning!! Email me if you would also,
> THANKYOU!!!! joe YEEEHAAAAA just got a 41,000 mile
> 1972 Gremmie....yippeeee! Sorry....but i'm happy!

> Yahoo! Movies - Buy advance tickets for 'Shrek 2'
> http://movies.yahoo.com/showtimes/movie?mid=1808405861

A good auto parts store can by cross referencing with a BOOK can get you the front shocks you want. I have shocks from a 71 Torino in the front end of my yellow Hornet. I don't remember the brand, I'm going to have to look it up soon as I am going to put them in my new Hornet also. Air shocks are not a good idea as they take the tension from the springs and transfer it to the shock mounts. The air shocks broke the top shock crossmember mount in my friends Javelin and I have seen them also break the lower shock mount clean off on Hornets. Re-arched springs are the propper way to go as the originals are probably sagging with age. New springs are 125-160$ from ESPO.
"Doc"