72 Gremlin gas tank filler pipe

I need a real good clean filler pipe for my 72 Gremlin
gas tank. Went to fill it up with Amocco PREMIUM(first
tankful in the new car)...the filler tube is VERY VERY
rusty inside? Also inside of gas cap is corroded
also.What the heck caused that...condensation...from
not being vented properly? Now i'm worried that my
tank may be the same? Gauge is "NOT "accurate. Thanks
for any help. Joe