Re: Column vs. Floor Shifter

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> Hey ya'll...I am thinking of changing my (automatic) column shifter
> to a floor shifter when I get ready to install the 727 transmission.
> Any advice? Is this a good idea or not? I think a floor shifter will
> look cool, but only if it works properly. Anyone done this before and
> can tell me their experience for better/worse? Thanks. -Lu-

That parts car Gremlin you got me some parts out of, get the steering column out of it as you said it was a factory floor shift car if you are going to convert your car to a floor shift. It will be a lot cleaner looking. My yellow Hornet is a factory floor shift car with that clean column. I got a B&M shifter to put in it but havent yet. The new Hornet I am just going to leave the column auto shift in it since it is going to be mainly a slightly modifyed daily driver.
"Doc"