Re: Good and Bad day

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, twa1950@xxxx wrote:
> Was planning on getting my Gremlin out but temp was in the 50's and rain. Did
> pour some gas in it. Yea my boys did relieve me of the gas over the winter as
> the gas gauge moved when I put the gas in it. I got him started but did he
> run rough. Had a knock in it when he first started it up. Didn't really sound
> like a lifter but it could have been it quit knocking after a while but never
> did run smooth out. Had lots of black smoke at first then changed to white. I am
> hoping it is just the bottom of the gas tank. I put less than a gallon in
> him. Need to get him down to the corner so I fell him up with fresh gas. They
> last time I drove him was in October took him on about a 50 mile round trip and
> he was running pretty good. Just goes to show you might as well drive them. I
> sure hope there is nothing major wrong with him.
> Terry

You need to keep the tank full and add some of that fuel stabilizer if you don't drive it. The knock probably was a lifter. I drive mine all year round except in the snow. That's what I got my Malibu for. Even if you don't drive it you should start it once a month and let it run for 1/2 hour, move it back and forth to circulate the oil in the trans and rear to lube all the seals and even cycle the A/C if you have it to prevent seal failure.
"Doc"