Re: more dumb questions please forgive me

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "will" <scottco73@xxxx> wrote:
> first off I am in the process of gathering parts for my sc hornet,
> should I use and build the 360 or try to find a 401 I'm thinking
> the 360 at least keeps it original, but could get more power from a
> 401. also is there anywhere to get reproduction quarters or do I
> need to locate a car in better shape to rob them. what is the best
> option for transmission 727 th400 ?

I agree with Rich & Bart spend your money on your 360. I know of no repo quarters made for Hornet's or even patch panels. I have been told that you can take a front frender and cut the the lip to get the round wheel well portion to repair a rear quarter. Usually the front fenders are rusted out on the top leaveing you what you need for the repair on the quarter. Right front fender makes the left rear quarter patch and left front frnder makes the right rear quater patch. The rear of that patches can be made from sheet metal. The other alternative is the one you suggested, find better ones on another car.
"Doc"