Re: New Steering Linkage

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> Yes, most of these parts are available locally, some have to be
> ordered. I have purchased a few MOOG parts here (lower arm bushings,
> tie rod adjuster sleeves), but APD beats the store prices. Check out
> their website: www.americanpartsdepot.com Example: tie rod ends $15
> each, cheapest I could find here were $26.99 each. The savings adds
> up.
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> > Exactly what did you get for the 200$? All these front end parts are
> > still available from your local auto parts store and are made by
> Moog. I
> > just got a price this morning of 411.60$ for upper and lower ball
> joints
> > for both sides, inner and outer tie rod ends for both sides with new
> > adjuster sleves, along wth an ideler arm and a pitman arm. This
> price is
> > mechanic's discount and no tax. I will probably add upper and lower
> > control arm bushings and new shocks while it is apart.
> > "Doc"

Thanks for the site Lu. I just checked it out and will add up the price of the parts. I may just call them for a price quote with shipping. The prices you got localy were they with a mechanic's discount and with tax? Some times shipping can make an attractive deal add up to what you would pay locally for somthing. Since I don't pay tax and get a mechanic's discount if the total is close between the 2 places i'll buy everything at my local auto parts store. These guys have gone out of there way to get me parts for my AMC's for 19 years and I always try to support places that go the extra mile for me.
"Doc"