Re: New Steering Linkage con't

I don't think I qualify for a mechanic's discount. I compared prices
w/o adding tax (local). Shipping will run apx. $15...I saved more
than that on 2 items. I paid $266.50 for the following items +
shipping: Pitman arm $45, Idler Arm $42, Inner tie rod $25 (x2),
Outer tie rod $15(x2), Lower ball joint $19(x2), Upper ball joint $19
(x2), coolant sticker $2.50, alignment sticker $2.50, exhaust
emission maint. sticker $3.50. Our state sales tax is 10%, so I would
have paid $25 tax on the items which was less than shipping, IF the
item prices were identical.
I called them back and added Upper A-arm bushing kit $16 (x2), jouce
bumpers $9 (x2), and front spring cushion $10 (x2) which added $70
more, so I guess I am over $300 now for the front end. Some items
were a couple of dollars over local, but I ordered everything from
one place. It turned out to be the best deal for me personally. Now
when the parts get here, I will decide if I bought good quality. Will
let you know. -Lu-
******************************
> Thanks for the site Lu. I just checked it out and will add up the
price of the parts. I may just call them for a price quote with
shipping. The prices you got localy were they with a mechanic's
discount and with tax? Some times shipping can make an attractive
deal add up to what you would pay locally for somthing. Since I don't
pay tax and get a mechanic's discount if the total is close between
the 2 places i'll buy everything at my local auto parts store. These
guys have gone out of there way to get me parts for my AMC's for 19
years and I always try to support places that go the extra mile for
me.