the $100.00 plastic package tray - "Deliverence" ? -

Message: 25
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 01:17:41 -0800 (PST)
From: Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: Gremlin Package Tray - JOSH

Lu,
Did you not want the one that I have? It is in excellent shape and it is
Blue didn't you say you wanted blue? Did you just forget that I had it?
Anyway you can have it for 100 buckaroos including shipping. Davis

lumina333 <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
Hey Josh - do you have a package tray or not?
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx>
wrote:
> Josh, you selling the package tray out of that Gremlin? How much do you
> want for it? -Lu-

Listen Up Do-Do Birds !

When you go looking for a part - one
as mundane as that plastic package tray -

Use a Search Engine - then once you
get some Yards that are listed on-line-
and have a Search Window -

Enter ANY AMC to see if they have anything
AMC -
then send them an eMail requesting
the part you seek.

Many Yards are NOT listing the AMC parts
since - they don't think much about them -
and there isn't any call for them - and it
costs time and money to list them .

ALSO -

Ask if they know anyone that has AMC for parts .

You'll find package trays for $20.00 or less .

These came in Hornets / Spirits / Eagles / Gremlins
and they all interchange .

Don't care for Air Con. Ducts on some of the later units ?

Install 'Courtesey Lamps' that come on when you open
the door .

This method beats the "Bend Over & Hold Your Ankles" -
$100.00 or $250.00 plastic package Tray "Stick Up" .

At THOSE prices - I wonder what I could get for my Genuine
AMC CB-am-fm Radios ? - a New Condo ?

Hey - they are YOUR Parts - and you CAN ask anything
you'd like for them -

but -

there is no "Hard and Fast" rule that says the prices asked
aren't seen as BullShit - ........... like $350.00 V8 crossmembers -
when you can have your 6 unit converted for $250.00 - or shop
around as I did - and bought mine a few months ago for : $125.00 .

Vendors and 'Parts Salespeople' who frequent Chat Rooms and
on-line Group Lists - are going to push up 'price perception' -
on parts - so you believe that parts are 'really really' scarce and
worth anything once something you'd like to have shows up -
seeing that you haven't done a damn thing to find one elsewhere -

Same thing on For Sale cars.

The Seller puts a price on the Vehicle that isn't quite right
with the current market - an Inflated Price - while they might
also misrepresent the condition of the heap at the same time
in their Ads .

This is called : " Bottom Fishing" - because that is where "Suckers"
hang out ................. and Hey! - sometimes they get their Price
!

Moral of this Story is : Learn how to Shop before you Drop .

One would think you're trading Coffin Nose Cord Parts .......

....Dang !

Brien.
NEW YORK
Eagle Registry #501