Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: package tray

No big deal squeezing my panties, it got out the chili stains. One problem
was that I have been accused before of torpedoing a auction! There is a
whole file on this under "kill the mesenger" thread on the www.amcforum.net
website, which is well, not there today. The whole forum ain't there. But I
commonly, and have for years, posted in a variety of places what certain
items sell for, as I go to a lot of meets and am a vendor. So there was this
one item on ebay, and I posted that they commonly sell for $400-$500 a pair,
it was a set of 1970 only AMX rocker simulated moldings. So I get this
letter from a fellow who had bid, and the top bid, with a whopping four days
to go, was only $175. I had put in the thread that these commonly do sell
for $400-$500 as mentioned above, and had posted it in the ebay file section
of the forum. He let me know that I had screwed him on the auction because
the seller was also a forum member. And now the forum member saw what I
posted and was either going to pull the auction, or stick a reserve on it,
of which you can't do once bids have been cast.
So it got ugly and I posted my side of the story under the 'kill the
messenger' thread, letting people this is a service, and a free one, whether
anyone wants my opinion or not, I didn't see any other vendors chime in who
sell stuff. But it still caused some hard feelings with the high bidder, who
lost the auction, and guess what, the items did indeed sell for $430/set,
right in the range I had mentioned. Anyhows, no harm done.....
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
www.planethoustonamx.com