Re: Unanswerable?

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Kevin Hauser <grinding_gremlin@xxxx> wrote:

> > Never heard of the J lock thing either. Could that
> > be that !@#$ seat belt interlock crap. I got that on
> > both my Hornets but i was told that it was a one
> > year thing for 74. The Yellow you have is probably
> > code E-9 Mellow Yellow. That's the color of my
> > original 74 but it came with a black interior. The
> > new 74 is Orange with a tan interior with some
> > funkey white and tan seat inserts that looks like
> > some old fart would wear to the golf course 30 years
> > ago. As Don Imus said in one of his albums Black is
> > beautiful Tan is grand, but I can't repeat the rest.
> > I say this tan crap has got to go. Black will look
> > better with the orange body which is actually a
> > buttersotch. It took a while to get used to the
> > color after driveing my other yellow car for 30
> > years but it is growing on me. If I have it
> > repainted It will be the same color.
> > "Doc"
>
> I'm going to repaint my car the original color
> also...Mellow Yellow ...cool! now I have a name for
> it. The tan seats, if I can find that strange white
> vinyl I will do them original. I may as well... the
> dash and everything else in the car is tan, It would
> be a lot of work to change it to another color. ;)
> Thanks for your input.
> Kevin

> http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

If the basic interior is in good shape and you like the color and just need the seats done keep the tan. I want to replace the bad condition bench seat with buckets. I have a mint original black back seat out of the yellow Hornet. Since the dash was junk I am building a new black dash. The door panels were trash from water damage and not repairable so I will make new black ones. The hardest part of changing the color of the interior is removeing the headliner and dyeing it along with the plastic moldings. The new carpet will just be bought black in color. I just like for the contrast it has with the orange body on the new car and the same on the yellow car.
"Doc"