Re: Belated introduction

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "amc_lives" <dshaver@xxxx> wrote:
> Good Afternoon to all,
> They say the mind is the first thing to go and mine left a long
> time ago. My name is Dave Shaver. I am a retired US Marine. I
> currently own a 71 Gremlin an 84 Eagle Sport Wagon and an 86 Eagle
> Wagon. I have been collecting parts for all three vehicles for the
> past 2 years since I went out of work with a bad neck injury. The
> Gremmie and hopefully the 86 Eagle will see road time this year. I
> took the original manifold off the Gremmie and replaced it with a
> 2bbl setup from a 78 Concord. I am looking for a late 60's to early
> 70's 2bbl carb for her. I am the third owner. She is special as
> she came from the factory with power steering, A/C and 13 inch
> wheels. AS far as I have been able to determine, all Gremmies in 71
> were supposed to have 13" wheels unless they came with A/C. I am
> also going to be looking for rear end parts for the 86 Eagle since
> the pinion bearing let go. The 84 will be a total project for the
> next 2 to 3 years.
> I have dealt with Bart in the past, buying a Hornet grille from
> him. This is a good site. Thanks Bart.
>
> Dave Shaver
> Havelock, NC
> dshaver@xxxx

Welcome Dave your name sounds familiar. Were you on the AMX Files. I am a Viet Nam era Navy veteran did my 4 years from 65-69. I worked on the flight deck as a plane captain on E-2A Hawkeye early warning planes. The Navy's sea going version of the Airforce AWAC. You will like it here great people. The bearings you need for the Eagle rear should be available at your local auto parts store.
I put all new bearings in a 78 Concord rear before I put it in my 74 Hornet 2 years ago. Were you in the area in NC that got blasted by the hurricane last year? I have a friend who is just south of VA beach in NC that had no power for a week.
"Doc"