Re: battey tray and inner fender panel need for 71 Gremmie/ Now Stupidvi

Re: battey tray and inner fender panel need for 71 Gremmie/ Now Stupidville

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "amc_lives" <dshaver@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have a 71 Gremmie with the battery on the drivers side. I
> need the battery tray and the inner fender panel. When you open the
> hood you get a nice view of the ground. On another note, I had a
> Chrysler dealer owner swear that the Studebaker Avanti was an AMC.
> He didn't want to hear that the 327 in them was a corvette engine or
> that Studebaker was an independant company. Oh well....lost another
> one to stupidville.
>
> Dave Shaver

And what planet was that Moron from? Originally the predident of Nash wanted to merge all the small independants to form a GM type car company and Packard was his first choice to join him. The might Packard Company was to high and mighty to join him, to bad he passed and nothing came of it. The 289 (NOT FORD ENGINE) used in the Avanties was a slightly different version of the first post war Caddy V8, with just enough differences to make it safe from pattent infringment from GM when it was originally introduced in the mid 50's. Stude was also running Paxton superchargers I believe 1 year before Fords 57 T-Bird. There is nothing like talking to a know it all with a closed mind and no sence whatsoever. Been there done that my whole life. When I find one of these morons I just walk away, it ain't worth my time. Later
"Doc"