Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Brake Rotor Question

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Brake Rotor Question

Doc,
 They should fit but measure everything. Make sure the spindles are the same size. When you take yours apart you should be able to cross reference the bearings by the # on them. But this is all stuff you already know :o)>  Have you checked with all the parts stores? I usually find one out of five that still carries parts for my gremmie. Took me 4 stores to find a listing for new E brake cables for my 72.
 Davis

amc74hornet <amc74hornet@xxxx> wrote:
Will the brake rotors off of a 72 V8 Javelin fit on my 74 6 cyl. Hornet? I know there are two kind of brake systems, Bendix I believe and Kelsey Haze? The Calipers appear to be the same so I believe both cars have the same brand system. Rotors are no longer available from my AMC friendly local auto parts store so he is unable to check to see if the part no's are the same. My son insisted on putting NOS rotors on his Javelin when all he needed to do was to have his slightly turned. I know when I go to do the brakes in the new Hornet this spring it will need rotors and it would save me some money if I could just cut his and use them. All the local auto parts store guy could tell me is that the grease seals are the same between the Javelin and the Hornet. Of course I will use rebuilt calipers, new wheel bearings and brake hoses.
"Doc"