Re: One More Dash Piece Ready for Paint

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, twa1950@xxxx wrote:
> Thanks Doc. I will continue with the 10w30. I know it always has had Quaker State in it so I will continue with that. I don't think there is 2 cents worth of difference in brands but if I know what a car has had in it I stick with that brand. I know my Celica has 169,000 miles on it and the guy I bought it from said he always used Penz Oil so I use that in it.
> Terry

There are differences in quality oils, but I was told to always use the same brand of oil by the old time mechanics includeing my father who was a mechanic his whole life. My brother at 30,000 miles and changed brands of oil in his 70 Javelin and within 2,000 miles the valve guide seals went bad. I am not sure it was cause'd by changing brands of oil or jusy lousey seals. But he drove the car another 100,000 miles on the replacements and always used straight 30 wt Gulf oil.
"Doc"