Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Under Package Tray Question

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Under Package Tray Question

Hi everyone, not sure if I sent this and another emial yet, but if so,
apologies, but had computer problems in late February and lost a lot of
files when we had it serviced, so if some of ya'll emailed me and didn't get
a response, email me back, but below is a 'form letter' I have been sending
out to people who have emailed me letting them know our computer was getting
serviced for about a week, then when came back, lost files.
==================
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
Hi and thanks for writing. Please note if you wrote/emailed me in February
and did not get a reply I had computer problems and all those letters and
requests were lost. OVER 100 OF THEM. I am still restoring files and photos,
but again, please
be patient, adn I just reconfigured my email setup again today as it is
complex having the eddiestakes@xxxx email address as it gets
rerouted and is not direct, but had 218 emails wating for me today,
(February 29th) so it
will take some time to get to them.
======================
This is a letter I'm not sure I answered, may did or didn't maybe smell of
papmers is getting to me like Chernobyl.
Eddi eStakes
================
What you describe is called American Air, and yes, it was a dealer installed
option starting in 1968. Funny thing you mention this as one of the 68 AMX's
I am parting out currently has this system. And what a crappy job AMC
dealerships did installing these in some of the cars. In the 68-69 AMX &
Javelin they changed the center upper radio speaker cover to a thin molded
plastic, really cheesy with three small outlets and usually two switches.
There was a big squirrel cage on the driver's side behind the dash instead
of the passenger side, which was untouched, just some extra ducts. The
wiring looked like a 2 year old wired it, and chances are this centerpiece
would fall off the dash anytime someone turned one of the switches.
The later year model ones, 71-up, are illustrated in dealer accessories
and options list, and also salesman training guides. Many of them hung
below the dash and were big as a suitcase, others as mentioned above,
were fashionably installed by dealers although left a little to be desired
in installation and visuals. In 70, the dealerships would actuall cut in 1/2
the woodgran or silver overlay on the AMX and Javelin, biggest hack job
I have ever seen, i even have one of those overlays in stock, it makes you
want to vomit knowing such a high dollar item and rare piece was well,
buthered by a dealership but that is the way it was. One thing I wish to
add was a selling point of these is that most, if not all of the American
Air
systems installed in AMC cars, blew away the factory installed AC
systems, they had better fans, and for some reason, distributed the air
in the vehicle evenly and colder.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
www.planethoustonamx.com