< old thread, strut rods R and L, interchangeable - yes and no... >

< old thread, strut rods R and L, interchangeable - yes and no... >

 I was just cleaning up my old emails from months
ago, and sorting them out, and reread the discussion
on the strut rod someone needed. So, here's my input
from a Crash Guide parts book :

70-71 Gremlin - right and left sides DO interchange,
same part number

72 Gremlin - different part numbers, unique year.

73-78 Gremlin - different part numbers, different from
'72

So, if you have an EARLY Gremlin, they interchange,
if 72 or later, they are different. And 72 is unique,
for some reason. I have a 72 in my yard, as well as a
'74 and 78, some day soon, I may get under there and
look for the differences.

Other differences also include the strut bracket, '78
is a special year, also right side for ALL years is
dependent on - 4 cyl , 6 cyl, V-8, or '78 year. FOUR
different brackets.
Left side is also different depending on year, st or
auto trans, 4 cyl, or '78 model year. Hope whoever
needed one didn't also need the bracket, they'd have
to find the specific one for their car!

Jerry Casper