Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 360 News

It is usually the #5 rod and the rear main that don't get enough oil. This is why Bill redesigned the oil pump system. He has not spun a bearing in 16 yrs of hard racing since he put in the new oil kit.  The Kit we are putting together is comming along. Bill talked to the Gear manufacture and we are going to get 20 sets made to start. We are waiting to get a quote on cost.
 Davis

amc74hornet <amc74hornet@xxxx> wrote:
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> I took the oil pan off the bottom of the engine tonight. It appears
> that this engine spun a rod bearing at the #5 piston (Davis was
> right, they are all numbered). The rods are all intact, and I am
> hoping that the crankshaft isn't too damaged. Tomorrow I will take
> the affected piston apart and try to turn the crank.

Is it just me or does it seem that it is always the no# 5 rod or main bearing that seems to have a problem with oiling. The crank could probably be turned and if too far gone could always be welded up and then reground, but that starts to cost $$$. I hope you have that in writeing about it being a rebuildble core in case you need it Lu.
"Doc"