Re Under Package Tray Gauge Pod Question

Re Under Package Tray Gauge Pod Question

Hi Doc, the small four gauge Rally Pack first appeared in late 1975; two
different setups, one is temp, oil, amp and clock, the other is temp, oil,
amp and vacuum. These were used in a wide variety of AMC models from Pacer,
Gremlin, Hornet, Concord, Spirit. Matador also had a Rally Pack but that
consisted of two Stewart Warner gauges, oil and amp, in the clock position
to the right of the speedo where the clock, or delete plate would be, not
under the dash like other models.

The end ot end package tray mentioned here I believe was first introduced in
1971. There are AC and non AC trays, really easy to install under dash and
again, stretch end to end. A 72 Hornet I had two years ago had this neat
feature (great for tool booth change, smokes, pens, cell phone, whatever,
just chunk it down there has a really good capacity for weight) and the 74
Hornet Sportabout DL wagon I have for sale also has one, as does my 74
Gremlin X. Just a few years ago I had three NOS charcoal/black package trays
in stock, sold each for $75 a unit in original long AMC box.

If no one wants the gauges, send them to me and I'll trade you something or
another I might have in stock you may need for your Hornet or other AMC
stuff of equal value.
Take care,
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX