Re: Early Gremlin Question?

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, themixtoo@xxxx wrote:
> Doc, Yea my wife (while we were still dating in 1971) got it off the used
> car lot at our local AMC dealership. It was about 7 months old and the dealer
> gave her a copy of the original window sticker. $1395.00 232 6-cyl automatic
> (on the column) and power steering. No radio but did have wite wall tires. It
> had 13" rims and little dog dish hubcaps. The rims had the 5 lug bolt pattern
> too. I still have these rims and hubcaps around here somewhere.
> 'The Mix'

There's somthing else I didn't know that AMC used a 13" wheel and 5 lugs too? The early Mustangs had 4 lug wheels on their 6 cyl. cars and 5's on their V8's. I would imagine the base car had no sway bar in the front and with the 13" wheel and skinny bias ply tires was not what you would call a car you could drive hard on any kind of winding road. But for anyone buying one of these cars I guess it was for pure enconomy, fuel and price. The problem with fuel ecomomy on these cars was that they were to heavy which was because they were built to good so fuel economy could have been better if they were lighter.
"Doc"