Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin 2-seater, 4-seater..

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin 2-seater, 4-seater..

Base price for the little 70 Gremlin 2 seater was a whopping $1879 stripped
according to several dealer order forms. But many dealerships advertised it
as $1999 just to get it under that proverbial $2000 mark. I had two big
twelve foot original banners I sold last year, both were rather tired and
missing some pieces after 30+ years, they were plastic, still had the
Gremlin 'man' face on them, very colorful, hippie looking things, these both
hung in a dealership window when new, advertising the Gremlin for a whopping
$1998.00; not $1999.00! A buck is a buck.

Jerry has a valid point the idea was to lure you into the dealership, then
'sell you from stock' whatever they had, or get you to option out and order
a vehicle. That much is historical fact reflected in many literature and
dealer salesmans training films! Worked well too. Some models sold better
than others however, and the Gremlin, and more over the Hornet were both
well received by media and customers and ended up being two of the best
selling models AMC would ever produce.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston aMX
www.planethoustonamx.com