Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Early Gremlin Question?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Early Gremlin Question?

http://www.gremlinx.com/gremlin-history.htm
 It was introduced at the same time as the 4 seater. It was an available option till 71.
 Davis
Onree <onree@xxxx> wrote:
I don't know where the idea that the four seaters came along later came from, but it is simply not true. I bought the very first Gremlin sold in my town (Lincoln,NE) on April 1, 1970, the introduction day. It was Frost White with red stripe, 199 motor, column shift three-speed stick, no radio, deluxe interior, (red vinyl bench, glove compartment cover, package shelf) chrome luggage rack, 650x13 whitewalls with full wheelcovers. It was a four passenger with the opening hatch. The hatch was what sold me on the car 'cause I was a drummer, and could get  my double bass drum drumset (I took the back seat completely out) in that little car. My brother in law liked mine so much that he bought one a few days later--also a four passenger. I was at the dealer a lot the first few months because my Gremlin had a lot of glitches. The rear view mirror fell off, it would hang up in first gear, hatch leaked in the rain, fuel leak, etc. I learned not to be the first kid on the block--let somebody else work out the glitches. I didn't even see a 2 passenger until fall of 1970, and I think it was a 1971 model--not sure though, but it was after the 1971s came out. I loved my Gremlin, except for the balky three-speed column shift, put about 50,000 miles on it and traded it for a 1973 Datsun 240Z in May of 1973.
I was then Gremlinless until summer of 2001, when I bought a 1972, 258 with three-speed FLOORSHIFT on eBay. In fall of 2003 I got a 1973 with 304 and automatic. I also have 2 Eagle SX4s (spiritually a gremlin) and 2 Eagle wagons, a 1953 BelAir, and a Morris Minor.  Too many cars--I should sell something but I can't decide what to give up.
Onree

on 3/1/04 6:30 AM, Davis Martin at martin-davis@xxxx did write:

That was me.
I have yet to see one too but when the gremlin was first introduced it was a 2 seater with no hatch window and no back seat.
Davis

amc74hornet <amc74hornet@xxxx> wrote:
Someone mentioned that on the 70 Gremlin that the rear seat and rear opening glass was optional? I never saw one like that or even heard of one like that. How did you get at the spare and jack? But then again I am a Hornet man. I never really got a good look at the Gremlins interior up close till I recently helped my friend with one of his. I thought that the rear seat in my Hornet Hatchbacks was small and uncomfortable but the Gremlins looks worse.
"Doc"

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT
Click Here <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cr83add/M=274551.4550177.5761904.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705683800:HM/EXP=1078244027/A=2019528/R=2/SIG=141dbiik4/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N3349.yahoo1/B1282054.27;abr=!ie4;abr=!ie5;sz=300x250;code=18634;dcopt=rcl;ord=107815>