One Step Foward and Two Steps Backwards

I completed polishing out the inst. panel lense yesterday morning and then proceded to spent 2 1/2 hours with my battery powered dremil carefully modifying the back of the inst. panel where the clock went to mount the new tac. The tac now fits and I got a good start on makeing the mounting bracket for it. I need to stop past the hardware store and get a piece of aluminum and some screws today so I can finish it. That was the step fowards, the 2 steps backwards is I messes up the silver painted edge on the panel and have to re-finish it. It is going to be twice as hard to just paint the edge now since the lenses are in and the lense bezels are already painted. Carefull masking is a must as no overspray is aceptable. I was so bummed out that I didn't take advantage of the nice weather and go outside and work on the car. I did however remove the broken glass from the pass side mirror and make a template for the new glass. After my normal tuesday banking and erands I will go past the glass shop and have the mirror glass cut and pick me up that new battery powered drill I need at Sears and the aluminum I need to finish the tac bracket.
"Doc"