Re: GremlinTime

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "hemmigremmie" <hemmigremmie@xxxx> wrote:
> Thats okay Doc.
> I had thought of selling my car before, but had not really went thru
> with it.
> My blower is gonna be a early 70's 350, bored o30 over for 355 ci. A
> factory steel crank and steel rods. Gonna use either Pro lightning
> or Dart heads(Hopefully) and forged pistons that will give me about
> 8.6 to 1 comp ratio. Im thinking a Comp cam blower cam with 488/501
> lift by 274/292 duration at 2400-6500 rpm range, or a comp cam
> 507/525 lift by 284/305 duration at 2800-6800 rpm range.
> Msd ignition, electric water pump, headers, ect...
> For the blower Im gonna use a 6-71 or Id love to use a B&M (Now
> Holley) 250 blower. Its about 2 inches shorter than the 6-71 but has
> the big blower look and you can still use 1 or 2 carbs. Chk it out
> here.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> ViewItem&rd=1&category=33741&item=2459446888&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%
> 3AIT
> Anyway, Hoping for 500-550 streetable horses and should get that
> with not much problem. Something tubbed needs something through the
> hood I always say. LOL Let me know what ya think. Rod
>

> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "amc74hornet"
> <amc74hornet@xxxx> wrote:
> > --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "hemmigremmie"
> <hemmigremmie@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Thanks for the support fellas.
> > > I still sometimes feel like an outcast, but everyone here has
> been
> > > nice, so no ill feelings to you guys, I was refering to the
> > > Gremlintime group.
> > > No selling here, I have been working on this toy for almost 2.5
> > > years or so. Check it out in the photo section. Mine is listed
> under
> > > Hemmigremmie's album.
> > > I just started my supercharged engine buildup for it. Let me
> know
> > > what ya think. Rod :)
> >
> > Sorry Rod I got you mixed up with the other guy selling his
> Gremlin. Give us the particulars on the supercharged engine build
> up. Is that 4 bolt main engine block in the picture the one you are
> useing? is it a 350 or 400? Also what type of supercharger are you
> going to use? One of the benny's the Chevy engine has is the almost
> unlimited amount of parts available with new ones comeing out every
> year from mild to wild. What brand of cage is that you used? I got
> an 8 point cage from S&W Race Cars in Pa. for my Hornet.
> > "Doc"

Sounds like a real mean combo. Where are you getting the headers from? PAW used to list Chevy headers for AMC/Chevy engine swaps. But I havent seen one of their catalogs in about 4-5 years now so I don't know if they are still available. With the blower drive ratio how many pounds of boost do you think you will run? There is nothing for visual or sound effect as the look of a blower and the wine of it on a tubbed car. Is there any clearance problems between the blower and the distributer and the firewall. I was told but never saw first hand that on a straight carbed SB in a Gremlin Hornet that the wiper motor caused a clearance problem with the distributer?
"Doc"