Re: GremlinTime

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> Rod,
> This 'gal' is behind your decision also. I came VERY VERY close to
> going w/a Chevy 350 in my Gremlin; was fortunate to find a useable
> AMC 360 or else I would be in the "other" category also. In fact, if
> this 360 block isn't good, I will probably go with Chevy. As much as
> I love the AMC line, I would rather save one from the crusher using
> another line's engine than see the car wasted. I did a STOCK AMC
> restore job on my last project car; this one is going to be for fun,
> so I am not going to be worried about finding the perfect NOS items
> for the Gremlin. I wish I could save all the AMC's I saw in the
> junkyard, including the 4 cute Nash Metros (1 convertable), but have
> not the funds nor the room.
> Personally, I would like to see more discussions about matching up
> different tranmissions, rearends, and engines in AMC's. However, I
> feel sheepish about posting such requests, fearing that I will offend
> the AMC purists among us. -Lu-
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "hemmigremmie"
> <hemmigremmie@xxxx> wrote:
> > Thanks for the support fellas.
> > I still sometimes feel like an outcast, but everyone here has been
> > nice, so no ill feelings to you guys, I was refering to the
> > Gremlintime group.
> > No selling here, I have been working on this toy for almost 2.5
> > years or so. Check it out in the photo section. Mine is listed
> under
> > Hemmigremmie's album.
> > I just started my supercharged engine buildup for it. Let me know
> > what ya think. Rod :)

Hey Lu if you got a question about diferent trannys or rear's just ask. There seems to be a nice group of people here who respect other peoples point of view. I would classify myself as a purest but don't tell Bart but I once had a 64 American 440 Hard Top with a 350 Chevy/Muncie 4 speed and a 57 Chevy rear with 4:11 gears in a 64 Banjo. I used to woop the snoot out of them Mustangs and Camero's 30 years ago. But now I would only use an AMC engine, but that is my choice. I am not a big fan of the AMC 20 rear even with one piece axels. I understand that the 8 3/4" Mopar rear is used a lot and also the Ford 9" out of a Lincoln Verrsailes is almost a bolt in and it has disc's brakes too. Does the 8 3/4" Mopar rear have a removable banjo like the 9" Ford rear. I always liked the 55-64 Chevy rears just for that reason. It was easier to set up the gears in the banjo on the bench and then just pop it in. The Olds rears of those years especially the 57's were more of a heavy duty than the Chevy's and were highly prized and used in the Gassers of the 60's.
"Doc"