Re: SS/AMX diecasts, 4,799 made, purple box in blister?

Re: SS/AMX diecasts, 4,799 made, purple box in blister?

Hi Jerry, yes, that is the Service Merchandise SS/AMXs. I usually sell them
between $15-$25 each....I sell them according to the hi/lo number on them,
for instance a very low early one like 0018 would command a higher price
than say 1894 or 3490. Some people have paide good money to have the car
'match' their DOB like if you were born on 0326 (like me!) I would give $50
for it. There were only 4800 of them made and they are very long off the
shelves. As time goes on, and if you keep them in good condition in original
boxes (this is not hard to do as this particular one is in a hard plastic
sheel unlike many other blister packs); but depending on how long you hold
onto them they are worth more. I commonly pay $50-$250 for original Hot
Wheels Custom aMX diecasts. Maybe I need to take a photo of my collection
and post it. Even have many of my original Hot Wheels I played with as a kid
still from 30+ years ago.
Eddie Stakes'
Plantet Houston aMX
www.planethoustonamx.com

Jerry asked:
Eddie, are you referring to the purple box inside a
plastic blister, that was sold by, or thru, Service
Merchandise stores ( at least in Virginia)? Less than
5,000 made, I believe. If so, do you have any idea
what they MAY sell for? I DO have these, about 15 or
20 of them, I started buying them up when Service
Merchandise started closing stores in Virginia about
5-6 years ago. I know they started selling at $15 each
when new, then the prices started coming down as the
store close-downs went on, so I picked them up even
cheaper then. I have thought about putting some up for
sale on Ebay. I didn't realize they had become so
valuable, if these are the same ones. Even I
recognized their value back then, even at $15 each. :D
Maybe I can afford that Randall's Gremlin if I sell a
few of these...<grin!>