Re: SS/AMX diecasts, 4,799 made, purple box in blister?

Re: SS/AMX diecasts, 4,799 made, purple box in blister?

Eddie Stakes wrote :
" The numbers and usually prices are
even more interesting if you have one of say the 4800
SS/AMXs in the plastic box here, it would be like
owning a real aMX prototype, few made, and no real way
to put a price on it."

Eddie, are you referring to the purple box inside a
plastic blister, that was sold by, or thru, Service
Merchandise stores ( at least in Virginia)? Less than
5,000 made, I believe. If so, do you have any idea
what they MAY sell for? I DO have these, about 15 or
20 of them, I started buying them up when Service
Merchandise started closing stores in Virginia about
5-6 years ago. I know they started selling at $15 each
when new, then the prices started coming down as the
store close-downs went on, so I picked them up even
cheaper then. I have thought about putting some up for
sale on Ebay. I didn't realize they had become so
valuable, if these are the same ones. Even I
recognized their value back then, even at $15 each. :D
Maybe I can afford that Randall's Gremlin if I sell a
few of these...<grin!>

JErry CAsper