Re: 1:18 scale gremlins

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "RL" <rick_loxton@xxxx> wrote:
> I do not own an AMC. In fact, I do not own ANY old cars at this
> time, though I would like to once again in the future. My AMC
> connections are as follows: In Minneapolis the 70's, my dad's
> cousin used to drive me around in his '72 Gremlin - I always thought
> it was such a cool car. And when I was a teen in Las Vegas, my
> friend's dad worked for Avis in the early '80's, and he always had a
> shiny new Concord to drive us around in. It felt so solid!
>
> Now that I am in CA and trying to buy a house before they all cost
> $1M (they are 1/2way there now - don't laugh) money/room for a
> project doesn't really exist. And after watching Barrett-Jackson
> last week, I know that the Hemi '67 Coronet of my dreams will soon
> cost as much as my first house in NV. Now Machines, SC's and AMX's
> can MORE than hold there own against anything the big three have put
> out, but cost WAYYYYYY less. Plus there is the 'dare to be
> different' factor. SO...when I CAN finally buy a project, it just
> may be an AMC. And if I DO decide to someday buy an AMC, then why
> not make friends with people who can help?
>
> Now you may have seen my other post about wheter or not AMC's are
> Mopars. I plan on being in Las Vegas in March for the 'Mopars at
> the Strip' event (www.moparsatthestrip.com). Anybody out there plan
> on bringing any AMC's out there?
>
> OK - I rambled on long enough. Gotta get my rest for my day of
> sloth and gluttony (2 of the 7 deadly sins) in front of the tube
> tomorrow, wishing my Vikes were there (envy - that's 3).
>
> Best regards,
>
> RL

Being in CA you should be able to find a clean AMC driver for a reasonable price that would not break the bank. I just bought a super clean 74 Hornet Hatchback that originally was a Florida car for 500$. For 2,500$ in repairs that I will do 90% myself and that includes a completely new interior i'll have a nice driver. Gremlins, Hornets, Concords and Spirits seem to be at the bottom of the AMC cars desired so prices are reasonable even for a really nice one. Keep your eyes open you my find a deal on one. I have had my eye on the Hornet I just bought for 6 years, got screwed out of it 4 1/2 years ago but finally got it. Although it would not have taken so much work and money if I got it 4 years ago. The previous owner just drove it into the ground and rubed most of the repairs he did make.
"Doc"