Re: Finally Got the darn A/C compressor off!

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> I had to use the torque wrench and take the entire plate that it was
> bolted to off the manifold, but it finally came off! If I am going to
> save these pieces for whatever reason, I suppose I should not only
> keep this plate but also the metal brace that runs from the 3rd
> manifold bolt to the top of the compressor also? What about the front
> metal piece that bolts to the front of the block and joins to the
> front of the compressor? Other things I removed today were interior
> pieces - visors, door sill plates, and the black plastic door sill
> liners that cover the door seam under the aluminum plates. The visors
> cleaned up nicely. I photographed the interior so that I can have a
> reminder of where things go back later. I am considering taking out
> the large A/C vent system that is bolted under the dash. It doesn't
> look too hard to remove. I am now looking at the doors and trying to
> figure out how to get them off so that I can start sanding the rust
> and see what kind of bad (or good) shape they are in. -Lu-

I would save all the A/C compresor brackets. On the door removal I would remove the interior kick panels and the door panels themselves and spray the bolts in the door and in the door pillar with blaster. Last thing you need to do is break off a bolt. The door pillar bolts are acessable from inside the front wheel well. If it is like the Hornets and I suspect it is there is a plastic shield you will have to remove held on by three 5/16 self tapping hex head screws. A much easier solution would be to remove the front fenders which makes rebuilding the front end easier too. Removal of the A/C system under the dash is no big thing.
"Doc"