Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Finally Got the darn A/C compressor off!

From: "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx>
Date: 2004/01/31 Sat PM 10:11:09 EST
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Finally Got the darn A/C compressor off!

So what are you plans with your good Gremlin?V8?6?if your keeping the 6 just remove the whole engine and trans if you take lil parts off here and thre your pissing in the wind and will end up losing stuff set her up on jackstands 'on a secure platform of course'and remove the brakes and clean up the underside real good with a pressure washer then you can truly see the extent of any rot or damage pretty good.
Bart
I had to use the torque wrench and take the entire plate that it was
bolted to off the manifold, but it finally came off! If I am going to
save these pieces for whatever reason, I suppose I should not only
keep this plate but also the metal brace that runs from the 3rd
manifold bolt to the top of the compressor also? What about the front
metal piece that bolts to the front of the block and joins to the
front of the compressor? Other things I removed today were interior
pieces - visors, door sill plates, and the black plastic door sill
liners that cover the door seam under the aluminum plates. The visors
cleaned up nicely. I photographed the interior so that I can have a
reminder of where things go back later. I am considering taking out
the large A/C vent system that is bolted under the dash. It doesn't
look too hard to remove. I am now looking at the doors and trying to
figure out how to get them off so that I can start sanding the rust
and see what kind of bad (or good) shape they are in. -Lu-