Re: Hudsons

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> The 'AMC' junkyard here in town (now defunct, unfortunately) had 2
> Hudson "Wasps" on the lot. The young man who inherited the junkyard
> from his Dad (a self-proclaimed AMC man) told him that he was going
> to make 1 good one from the two. Sadly, he passed away and left his
> AMC cars to his son who sold the whole yard to another yard here in
> town. They are probably still there....along with many Concords,
> Pacers, Matadors, etc..... And the new owners of these old soldiers
> are real jerks to work with when asking for parts. -Lu-

> In fact I just saw a 54 Hudson with the Twin "H" engine sitting
> rotting away in Ct. at Joe Wilcox's house 1 1/2 years ago when I went
> to look at a Matador sedan he had for sale. Turned out the Matador
> wasen't in the condition it was said to be in and I didn't buy it.
> Thank you but I will keep my old mid 70's cars that I can fix myself.
> > "Doc"

My father and his father and my uncle, my fathers sisters husband were all Hudson men. Unfortnately they are all gone now. My uncle just passed 3 days ago at the age of 82. I had to put my mother in a nurseig home a year ago and when I cleaned out the house I found pic's of my fathers first car a 28 Essix and a few of his other Hudsons includeing a pic of my uncle's 57 Hudson. My uncle also had a Marlin and a few Ambo's too. He loved his 69 Ambo wagon and sold it still in goood shape running after 150,000 miles even with that horrible BW trans that was never rebuilt. But it was a 343 and had the cast iron one not that crappy aluminum one.
"Doc"