Re: What are the dimensions of the 904 torqueflight trans?

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> > Why do you need to know the dimensions of the 904 for?
> Will the 904 bolt up to the 8-cylinder then? Wanted to know length &
> width to see which V8's it would match up to....BTW...anyone got a
> buildable 360 w/heads they would like to be relieved of? LOL
>
> > Did you get the A/C compressor off before the snow and ice storm?
> Nope, going to work on that today! Down to 1 bolt, but can't reach
> it, so will use torque wrench to take off whole plate it is sitting
> on that is bolted to manifold.

The 904 will bolt up to any 72 and newer AMC V8, 304-401. It was a light duty trans for the 6's & 304 V8's. Then there is the 998 & 727. Some people lean twards a modifyed 904 as it uses less H.P. to turn it than the 998 & 727. Save the A/C compressor and bracket, the clutch is probably worth money.
"Doc"